Re: libgal.so.18???

Reinhard Müller wrote:

On Mon, 2002-01-14 at 19:58, Rémi Cohen-Scali wrote:

I downloaded the current Gnumeric from SuSE and opened the file with rpm -U, only to get the message that I need libgal.so.18 (which is not available either at the SuSE or at the Gnome web site). Where do I find it? When found in what directory do I put it?

from a gnome ftp server or from ximian (have binary rpms) when not overloaded

I ran into the same problem when trying to update evolution, and found
that i can't get libgal18 through red carpet (only up to libgal17).

Maybe the packagers at ximian missed that.

Then you can try the one I made available, BUT it is builded against very last cvs gnome libraries and redhat rawhide.
Give it a try, it could perhaps run ...

http://www.rcsnet.net/pub/Gnome/gnome-1.4.1+/RPMS/i686/gal-0.18.0.1-gnome141.i686.rpm
http://www.rcsnet.net/pub/Gnome/gnome-1.4.1+/RPMS/i686/gal-devel-0.18.0.1-gnome141.i686.rpm

These one are builded on a machine with a 'more standard' rh7.2
http://www.rcsnet.net/pub/Gnome/gnome-1.4.1+/RPMS/i686/gal-0.18.0.1-a1.i686.rpm
http://www.rcsnet.net/pub/Gnome/gnome-1.4.1+/RPMS/i686/gal-devel-0.18.0.1-a1.i686.rpm

You can also rebuild with rpm the srpm, if you have redhat package manager ... http://www.rcsnet.net/pub/Gnome/gnome-1.4.1+/SRPMS/gal-0.18.0.1-gnome141.src.rpm

Good luck

--
                                                         -o)
                  Remi Cohen-Scali                       /\\