Re: Some example code for a new crash handler

On 11 Jan 2002, Charles Iliya Krempeaux wrote:

> What I am suggesting is that the .crash file could be used to help
> remember what you did.
>
> Have you ever been writing an essay or something... for an hour...
> and forgot to save it... and had the program crash.  If you had
> a .crash file, then maybe you could look at it, and maybe
> see some of the stuff you did.. so you wouldn't have to start
> from scratch.

I am inclined to aggree with the solution that Havoc is suggesting, that
the most correct way of dealing with this kind of situation is with an
autosave function.  It's much more valuable to have a program periodically
autosaving while in a good state than having a partially corrupted,
semi-crashed program do it.

Josh .. Yoshi .. Joschi .. xiphoidprocess.com .. eds.org/~joschi