Re: Icons on desktop don't appear

John and all.
I too have no icons and as a bonus nautilus is toast.  ;*)
	Here are the results of running nautilus from the command line.   Is that
what is termed "standard output"?
========================
Ian localhost Ian]$ nautilus
esd: Failed to fix mode of /tmp/.esd to 1777.
Try -trust to force esd to start.
esd: Esound sound daemon unable to create unix domain socket:
/tmp/.esd/socket
The socket is not accessible by esd.
Exiting...
Message: Successfully registered
`OAFIID:nautilus_factory:bd1e1862-92d7-4391-963e-37583f0daef3'

GnomeVFS-CRITICAL **: file gnome-vfs-uri.c: line 677
(gnome_vfs_uri_append_string): assertion `uri != NULL' failed.

GnomeVFS-CRITICAL **: file gnome-vfs-uri.c: line 586 (gnome_vfs_uri_unref):
assertion `uri != NULL' failed.

GnomeVFS-CRITICAL **: file gnome-vfs-cancellable-ops.c: line 232
(gnome_vfs_make_directory_for_uri_cancellable): assertion `uri != NULL'
failed.

GnomeVFS-CRITICAL **: file gnome-vfs-uri.c: line 586 (gnome_vfs_uri_unref):
assertion `uri != NULL' failed.
Segmentation fault
Obviously I'm still struggling with sound support.
	I have the icons back if the autofsck runs and puts things back in order.
As soon as I log out and back in again the icons and nautilus are
unavailable.

I'm running:  Redhat 7.2 with all relevent updates done to the best of my
newbie butts ability....<g> enlightenment 0.16.4, gnome-core 1.4.0.4-38