Re: 4 problems needing help on (Fonts, Pilot hotsync, keyboard, mouse)

> #1 I've got one of those extended keyboards, with the numeric keypad, that can
> act like the middle cursor control keypad (your normal keyboard.) Is there a
> way to use the keyboard as you can in windows? That is, move a cursor, the
> enter key works like an enter key, the end, pgup, pgdn, home, ins, del work
> like the middle keypad's keys work?

Can't help you there, never tried.

> #2 I've got a Logitech Trackman marble+ w/ the red scroll wheel. Are those
> wheels supported in Gnome? (trust me, once you get use to them, they're
> *nice*).

This was just discussed, actually.  Modify your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
file, and find the line that says 'Option "Protocol" "PS/2"' and replace
the PS/2 with IMPS/2... should read:

	Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"

And add the following line, if you don't have it:

	Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

These lines are in the section related to mouse input, it's easy to
find.

> #3 Has anyone had any success in using the pilot syncro in gnome? I've got a
> Handspring Visor, and on this machine, a serial cradle. It won't connect or
> hotsync at all with the visor. I can't test the USB version, since USB isn't
> supported right with my bios. (I'm waiting for my new system to try and
> upgrade the bios. Incase I damage the computer, I'm not computerless for
> months.)

Don't worry, I have a Visor Deluxe and am now syncing like a charm.
Open a terminal and run 'gpilotd-client -m' and try a sync (make sure
you have a your device set to 9600 baud "Visor USB".. the device would
be /dev/usb/ttyUSB1 ... syncing for the first time is a pain, and quite
touchy.  It -will- eventually work.

> On a somewhat off-topic note: I'm trying to install GnomeICU, and when I
> install the gt package it says it needs, the GT package says it needs yet
> another package. I have no idea where it is. Any tips or clues on where to
> find these packages?

Can't help here either, Ximian Gnome came with GnomeICU, so it already
works for me ;P

--
Matthew (Darkstorm) Bevan       mbevan marginsoftware com
Margin Software			http://www.marginsoftware.com

You can find me in #margin on irc.openprojects.net:6667 if you
require a more realtime conversation with me. IE: debugging.
ebugging.