Re: GDM Config

On Mon, 2002-01-07 at 17:53, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > obviously this is specified somewhere else. Can anyone tell me how to
> > stop or change things to get rid of the standard blue background with
> > the Red Hat logo?
>
> In gdmconfig get rid of the "background program" at the bottom of the
> background tab.

Or you could get adventurous, I have a small script as my background
running a screen saver, a lot (most or maybe even all) xscreensavers can
be run in the root window.

Just make sure you change your presesion script to kill it unless you
want it running while logged in as well.

Actually, it might be a good idea to have a poke around without the
gdmconfiguration util, look in /etc/X11/gdm but make aback up before
tinkering.

Cheers

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss