Re: Installation problems

Kelly McCuddy wrote:

> On Sun, 06 Jan 2002 13:54:28 +0100
> Carsten Menke <bootsy52 gmx net> wrote:
> Well thank you for your advice but for some reason the trouble I am having still isn't solved so far.  I tried What you told me but the packages I am trying do not have that option in ./configure.  The packages I am having trouble with are gnome-print, and pan.
>
> thanks,
> Kelly

Oh, yes I see now, that you compiling gnome-print, sorry I have a bad
flu, and so I my concentration is not at the best at this,
moment. However gnome-print compiled on my system out of the box, check
if you have thes libraries lying around somewhere.

/usr/lib/libdb-3.1.a
/usr/lib/libdb-3.1.la
/usr/lib/libdb-3.1.so
/lib/libdb-3.1.so

If the libraries are lying in a location out of /etc/ld.so.conf then
they could not be found, add the location to
/etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig.

Carsten
--
Registered Linux User #228992