Unicode problems

Hi all,

as the upcoming GNOME 2 platform fully supports unicode i tried to make
my computer support unicode as far as possible. To do this I used the
information from the unicode howto (www.linuxdoc.org). Everything worked
fine. I'm now also using a Unicode font in the GNOME terminal. But when
I tried to set the GTK font to a unicode font (via gnomecc > theme
selector > user font > use custom font), i suddenly hat a lot of boxes
instead of characters in my gtk programs. Has anybody experienced
similar things?

--
sven