Re: How do I make my cdroms,floppy and windows partitions mounted at boot

> I can't find out how to make my cdroms,floppy and windows partitions mounted
> at boot. The way it is now is that I have to go into disk management from the
> gnome panel to mount the devices after boot.
> I also cannot get out the cd-discs after the cdroms are mounted with the
> eject button on the cdroms.

What distro are you running (Red Hat, SuSE, etc.)? I don't know how
standardized things like automount are across the various distributions.
Red Hat (the only one I'm familiar with at all) comes with autofs
version 3.something, but IMO autofs4 works a lot better (how's that for
a subjective, non-informational evaluation?). But anyway, I agree that
you should check the fstab, but there also might be an automount issue
here - at least when it comes to the CD and/or floppy.

Re: the eject button not working - this may be obvious, but are you in
the CD-ROM's filespace when this happens? Whenever I've run into this,
it's been because I've forgotten to cd out of the /mount/cdrom/... tree.

Also, I'm sure someone is going to point out that this is almost
certainly not a Gnome issue. ;-) So I'll save them the trouble.

--
Travis Saling
Webmaster, UW Electrical Engineering