Re: can one eliminate Netscape from gnome apps

I ran into this as well; there's a second place you need to make the
change to Opera (in my case I was shifting everything to galeon).  In
that same section of Gnome Control Center, (if you haven't already)
click on "Default Applications". From there, click on the "Web Browser"
tab. Change that to Mozilla.

So you have to change this as well as in the "URL Handlers" section.
This is the sort of thing that drives me, and probably many other
semi-sane people, nuts. Are these sorts of entries going to be
consolidated in Gnome 2?

--
Travis Saling
Webmaster, UW Electrical Engineering