Resetting galeon

I, and a couple of the users on my network, have been using galeon 1.0.3
for a little while. However, some setting has caused slashdot and
newsforge to stop displaying properly; before we started changing the
"Preferences" settings, they displayed correctly. The intro text to
stories is displayed in a narrow vertical column instead of as it was
before. We have tried setting all of the things in
"Settings>Preferences" back to where they once were, but it doesn't fix
the problem. I even wiped out my .galeon directory in hopes of
eliminating the elusive setting, but no luck. So, how can we reset
galeon back to complete defaults, and what directories/files hold all of
the galeon configuration settings? Thanks for the pointers.

geoffrey