Re: Gnome2 and viewports

In message <y5wbsemzil0 fsf icon devel redhat com>, Havoc Pennington writes:

>You have to know a lot about X and window management to have a hope of
>making this work "most of the time"

>If you use GTK 2 and read the docs for gtk_window_get_position(),
>gtk_window_get_size(), gtk_window_resize(), gtk_window_set_location()
>and then just use those functions GTK will take care of making it work
>most of the time.

>What you want to do simply can't be done reliably given current X
>interclient communication conventions, though.

So the API works identically with Gtk+ 1.2 and 2.x despite switching from
viewports to workspaces?

That is all I care about (and can hope for).

My understanding of workspaces is that they have no spatial relationship to
each other.  If a contiguous spacial relationship is grafted onto the concept
of workspaces then great.

John

--
John GOTTS <jgotts linuxsavvy com>  http://linuxsavvy.com/staff/jgotts