Re: FW: Gnome reconfiguration question

Use something like imagemagik or gimp to reduce the image to fit the new desktop?

stan wrote:
I'm setting up a woody machien for my wife. She's going to use Gnome, and I had sent a fair amount of time configuring her desktop for her.

Today she aske me to make things bigger (fonts ets.) and the best way I
and the best way I could figure out to do that, was o lower the resolutin.

So I cahnge the X rsolutino from 1920x1440 to 1152x864.

Problem is, Gnome doesn't seem to completly respect the chang :-(

For example the background image is still scaled for teh larger
workspace. Deleteing it, and reselecting it does not fix the problem.

Short of blowing away all the .gnoe directories, is there a way to
fix this?

--
Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric 3times25 net

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport.html