Re: Gnome themes

El vie, 15-02-2002 a las 10:52, Tom Caudron escribió:
> Carsten suggested, "out of ideas so far :-( Probably for testing only change
> the rights of that directory so that all can change into and read this
> directory, just a thougth chmod o+rx"
>
> A good idea.  Thanks!  I also discovered one obvious thing (or it should
> have been obvious) the gorilla theme is a nautilus theme (being a newbie
> sucks...I should've seen that problem), however, the problem still exists
> when I try to install a desktop theme.  I went to themes.org, downloaded
> some sawfish themes for testing and it acts the same way.  It grinds for a
> bit and then does nothing that I can see.  I'll play with the directory
> permissions and try to install the themes manually also to see if I can get
> it to work that way.  Am I mistaken when I think that I should be able to
> install/use sawfish themes in Gnome when Sawfish is my window manager (it
> is, I checked)?
>
> -Tom Caudron

Again, a Sawfish theme is not a Gnome (or GTK+) theme... GTK+ represents
the application's widgets (text box, combo box, check box, buttons,
labels, tabs, etc) and Sawfish is the window border...

GTK+ themes are placed in /usr/share/themes
Sawfish themes are placed un /usr/share/sawfish/themes

GTK+ Themes:
[] http://www.themes.org/skins/gtk/

Sawfish Themes:
[] http://www.themes.org/themes/sawfish/