Re: Chat help and related features

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 21:21, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 01:21:45PM -0500, Richard wrote:
> > I beleive this system could be improved a lot by making it
> > not only a  Ximian feature  but in gerneral a  GNOME  feature of sort
> > and that as a  whole the community would benifit from building on top
> > of the original idea and expand this to a GNOME level.
>
> The problem is it just doesn't scale - #gnome-help on irc.gnome.org
> has more questions than answers as it is, and most people don't even
> know about it.

Or perhaps when people would be more aware of it, it would become more useful.

Perhaps at first it would not be very useful indeed, as nobody knows about it and
as you said there are more questions than answers.
But some people will try to find the answer for themselves if it isn't answered and when
they know hanging out on irc might mean helping other newbies they might stick around.

Off course this will take a while to develop, if it ever does. But IMHO it is worth a try.
Maybe it doesn't work, but than we at least know so, instead of guess so.

Just my 0.02 (euro's that is)

-A.