Chat help and related features

Good  afternon

Well after a bit of discussion on the matter i beleive that this has to be
put out in the  wild and nature taking it's  course.

For those familiar with Ximian there's a MonkeyTalk feature that allows
the user to reach a  help channel.That client was hacked  a few times by
MikeGTN  and  a few more friends of mine for fun.I was playing with the
code and it occured to me that this system could be improved on but needed
quite a  wide concensus in order to do so .

Simple

The user is in ex Abiword .. hits  a lamp post and needs help
He hits the help menu item .. hits chat and is brought to the Abiword
IRC help channel.

Of  course  the programming implications are beyond the scope of this
simple letter , but i beleive that if the applications did include a small
provision like  a "help chat awareness" that the benifits could be considerable.

Other ways of doing this are possible  of  course :)

Ximian had  started the ball with MonkeyTalk

I beleive this system could be improved a lot by making it
not only a  Ximian feature  but in gerneral a  GNOME  feature of sort
and that as a  whole the community would benifit from building on top
of the original idea and expand this to a GNOME level.

Richard Hebert
aka  FuzzyTheBear irc.openprojects.net #penguins
hebertrich ilnk com