Re: stickies in workspace switcher

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 11:13:35AM -0800, Ben FrantzDale wrote:
> I'd assumed this is intentional. (I always think of sticky as "put it on
> all workspaces" rather than "stick it to a pane of glass I overlay on
> each workspace when I look at it". One could, of course, have a
> philosophical discussion about wether a window is on a desktop if you
> aren't looking at it, but for in terms of UI, that provides some
> additional feedback as to what's going on.)

Yes and no.  For some apps (gkrellm, xmms) that a user might always have
going they really don't want to see.  However, I think that this is
something that the WM handles, I know that sawfish has a setting to keep
apps out of the window list/desktop view, and assuming that this is
metacity you're talking about, perhaps an enhancements should be filed?

alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"The only thing that experience teaches us is that experience teaches