gnome-terminal ignore Meta key.

Hi.

I use RedHat 8.0 and gnome-terminal 2.0.1

When I use gnome-terminal in en_US.UTF-8 locale, everything is okay.
But when I change my locale setting to ko_KR.euckr (Korean) using
[Start menu]->[System Setting]->[Langauge], meta key doesn't passed
to the shell.

I'm using bash as my login shell, and bash interpretes meta-d
key sequence as a "delete-word" editing command by default.

in en_US.UTF-8 locale, it is okay, but in ko_KR.euckr locale,
every key sequence with Meta key doesn't generate meta sequence.

Thus, Meta-d is the same as mere 'd' key.

How can I use 'Meta' key in my locale?

For now, my system has only English and Korean locales, so that
I don't know whether or not other locales are fine for this problem.