Re: Gnome 2 menu problems

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 02:38:11PM +1300, cosc097 wrote:
> With Red Hat 8.0, we get GNOME 2.0.6 which appears to have had this
> functionality removed.

It just works differently. You need to edit
/etc/X11/desktop-menus/applications.menu.

Various people have written up docs or at least mailing list posts
explaining this I think, google may turn them up.  applications.menu
has the same contents as .vfolder-info files.

If you want gory details on why and how and future plans,
check out xdg-list discussion,
https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/xdg-list

The thread in November archives "Return of the menus VII" describes
future plans.

Havoc