nautilus +rpm +gnome-panel problem

hi,

when the rpm database on my computer changes ( like uninstalling
something or installing something ),
then my computer becomes very unresponsive ( 'top' shows that the cpu is
working 100% ).... it's like that for around 1 minutes, then it's back
to the normal...

now i'm sure that something around gnome is causing this, ( it never
happens in other window managers, and when happens then gnome shows that
the most cpu-consuming apps are X,gnome-terminal,gnome-panel,nautilus)..

if:
1. i uninstall nautilus
	-it doesn't happen again
2. i tell nautilus not to draw the desktop
	-it doesn't happen again
	-maybe i can summarize these two as ( 'when nautilus is not running')

3. if it happens, and i kill the gnome-panel, everything comes back to
normal...

so:
either i can't run nautilus, or gnome-panel at the time when it
happens...

i'm using mandrake-cooker ( it uses gnome2.1beta/alpha/whatever ),
so i'm curious: does this happen to other peoploe too? because i don't
know if this is a mandrake-specific bug, or not.

thanks,
gabor

gpg key at www.keyserver.net