Re: Re-establishing startup gnome files for user

William C Brennan <compraxis comcast net> writes:
> Can someone give me a hint how to remove the old Gnome user files and
> replace with them with a spanking brand-new set?  Presumably, I'll be
> able to customize my GTK+ font after that.

If you are using Gnome 2, the setting is stored with GConf, I think.
So you could try

  mv .gconf tmpconf

However, have you looked in .xsession-errors or .gnome-errors? Perhaps
there is an explanation there. If it is bug, it ought to be reported
on bugzilla.gnome.org.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/