Re: running gdm off smb volume

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 11:49:06AM -0400, David Leuser II wrote:
> Thank you for replying... It seemed to be a permissions problem  I changed
> the way pam_mount handles the permissions to be wide open on the mounted
> volume (dmask/fmask = 777) and it worked that way-- but I can't leave it
> this way, since it's a terminal system and anyone could access anyone's
> files while they are logged in.  Really only the individual user should
> have any access to this directory...
>
> Any ideas on what to do?  T.I.A., Dave

Well I still don't know which version of gdm you are running, the way this
was handled has changed so to be sure I want to check if this is still a
problem with the newest versions or if this is an older version.  Also
running with the debug output should perhaps give more of an indication of
where things fail in case the permissions are not 777.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   it is time to reform.