GNOME2 not starting correctly

Hello,

I successfully installed gnome2 from sources in my machine (I followed
the GNOME Instalation guide, found on
http://www.karubik.de/gig/2.0/index.html) but after instalation gnome2
does not start correctly. I installed all packages listed in the GNOME
Instalation guide except nautilus and mozilla and games.

I'm running Debian 2.2r2 on a Pentium 500MHz with 196MB of RAM, XFree86
4.0 and libc 2.1.3.

After compiling and installing the packages I configured my system so
the startx script would use gnome-session to start gnome2 (I'm currently
using ice window manager).

gnome2 starts, but all my windows have no borders (I can't even move the
windows) and there's no desktop (no icons appears on top of the
background, and I can't create new icons on the desktop). I can't switch
to another workspace either.

The Menu Panel and Bottom edge panel are working, all applications are
working, for example, gnome-terminal, mrproject, etc. The gnome2
applications also works when I'm using ice window manager, when doing
this the applications windows have borders and works fine.

It seems as if sawfish is not starting, but using ps I see that sawfish
is running. I try to configure sawfish going to Desktop
Preferences->Advanced->Sawfish, but none of the configuration options
works (for example, Focus Behavior), I click on a configuration option
and nothing happens.

Anyone can help?

Regards,
--
Ivens Porto                         _/     _/    _/            _/