gedit romanian translation

        I started a romanian translation of gedit 2.0, but I've noticed
that any of the romanian specific character like ă,ş,ţ,î,â are skipped
from displaying, more than that, any characters that appear after them
disappear.What is the problem ? I use Tahoma (from Microsoft) as a
general font, and should be enough. What is changed in gnome-2.0 ? What
is the solution to that problem ? Gedit should use an ISO8859-2 font to
solve my problem, I can't figure it out. Please help me ...
--
Mugurel Tudor (mugurelu go ro)
Linux Registered User:  212231