Help, xscreensaver won't unlock on Sol8

Hello all,
 I'm running Ximian's version of GNOME on Sol8. I'd
recently updated xsceensaver to the latest distro
4.01, which apparently requires PAM auth. Now
everytime I lock my screen, it won't take my password
to unlock. I'm forced to telnet in and kill the
daemon.
 Further digging shows that PAM implementation on
Solaris is different to that of Linux. In particular
the xscreesaver is looking for pam_pwdb.so module,
which is missing in Solaris. Sun happens to use
pam_unix.so.1 instead to achieve the same function.
 Is there a way to disable PAM on the xscreensaver or
fix my problem?

Thanks
Gary

=====