Multiple Displays

I've recently setup a new LFS system with gnome/sawfish/xfree86 as a GUI.

My setup requires dual-displays. I've setup XFree to accomodate this, and both displays are loading appropriately. However - I'm seeing little support in the way of dual displays from Gnome. Or perhaps, I've not 'found' the information I require.. I haven't at this point seen an equivalent of -display :0.1 within gnome/gtk applications..

I expect this could also be a limitation of sawfish, I have not looked into this aspect of yet - nor have I started perusing the source for answers.. If anybody can recommend an alternative without me having to go there, it would be appreciated. -)

russm techbench net