Re: gnome magicdev constantly accessing hd?

On Mon, 2001-09-24 at 22:14, Martin Brown wrote:

> processes.  When I killed 'magicdev' it stopped.

Magicdev is used by GNOME to autodetect disk insertions, so it must scan
devices constantly. I got annoyed with my harddrives making slight
noises every two seconds so I turned off the automount stuff in GNOME
Control Center and just mount disks when I want to use them. It's much
quieter now, and GNOME runs fine without it.

I can't remember if I had to kill magicdev as well, it's been a while
since I used it.

--
.****.
*____*  Renze de Ruiter                   Linux Registered User #111137