Re: Gnome Panel in FVWM2

On Sun, 2001-09-16 at 00:50, Subba Rao wrote:

> background for my desktop. I can select from the GNOME panel a
> background which only stays for that session. When I quit FVWM and on
> relogin, I get the blue background. Why is my background setting in
> the GNOME panel not being displayed?

Because you're not running gnome-session anywhere, and the background is
placed by gnome-session (which restores your GNOME desktop to how you
left it at last logout). Running the panel does just (and only) that -
it runs the panel, not the GNOME desktop.

--
.****.
*____*  Renze de Ruiter <renze ihug co nz>, <renze openverse org>