Re: [gnome-db] "Error: unrecognized db option..." in red-carpet & gnorpm

This question is not for gnome-db-list, is something for beta ximian com
or other general list, but i will try to solve some questions..

On mar, 2001-09-11 at 11:00, Phillip Pi wrote:
> I am having a major problem when I run red-carpet, gnorpm, and possibly
> other commands/programs. Basically, I keep getting these two errors in
> text mode and GUI mode:
>
> error: unrecognized db option: "verify" ignored
> error: unrecognized db option: "tmpdir" ignored

It look like you have your RPM database corrupted

If no one gives you a better solution, try to do a "rpm --rebuilddb"

> When red-carpet tries to upgrade components/packages, it segfaults. I
> noticed one of the packages it tried to install left a mess with libxml
> when I rpm -q libxml:
>
> libxml-1.8.14-ximian.1
> libxml-1.8.15-ximian.2
> libxml-1.8.15-ximian.2
> libxml-1.8.15-ximian.2
>
> I don't know how to clean up the duplicates since rpm -e libxml-1.8.15
> gives me this error: "libxml-1.8.15" specifies multiple packages

With --allmatches rpm will remove all this packages.