Re: Gnome/Gnu Libraries Question

On Friday, September 07, 2001 17:46:39 +0100, Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik Sun COM> wrote:
+-----
| The depenencies are there for ld.so, of course. The behaviour of ld is
| just so everybody fixes their makefiles, I guess.
+--->8

There are certain advantages to not having to know what other libraries a shared library needs in order to use it. I shouldn't really need to care.

--
brandon s. allbery  [os/2][linux][solaris][freebsd]   allbery kf8nh apk net
system administrator   [JAPH][WAY too many hats]        allbery ece cmu edu