Newbie question: configuring the Panel

I read through the online user's guide and was struck by how flexible
and configurable the GNOME Panel is, as it is no doubt intended to be.

Suppose I want to develop a "turnkey" system (for non-technical end
users) with a hardwired Panel configuration, including a hardwired Main
Menu.  Is it possible to disable all the user customization
capabilities?  The idea is to produce a training manual for this system,
with screenshots, that will always match what the user sees on the
desktop.

Now, suppose I wanted to make the Main Menu (or actually, one of its
pullright menus) dynamic - showing and hiding certain items on-the-fly
(but not while the pullright is actually posted) under the control of
some application running in the background.  Is this possible?

Gregg Dameron