Re: intelimouse's litle ball

Hello!

> I have an MS intelimouse with a beautiful scrollball, is it posible to use
> it with gnome for my file/web browseing?
> I have Redhat linux 7.1 and Ximian Gnome 1.4

Just so that you do not destory an X4 install by installing the mousewheel app,
you can just as easily go in the /etc/X11R6/XF86Config and change the
mousedriver to IMPS2 instead of PS2, and you will have a working scroll wheel...

Generaly, while installing RedHat... When it probes for mouse, and finds a ps2
mouse, select the microsoft IMPS2 instead... this way a normal mouse, usualy
works, and a mouse with a scrollwheel works from start...

- Mads "Mazzachre" Randstoft