Gnome for Solaris 8 on a Sun Ultra 1

Hi,

I am a real Gnome newbie and so apologies for my maybe silly questions. I
have been using Gnome for a while now but just when installing Linux and
everything was done for me.

I now have a Sun Ultra 1 machine and would like to install Gnome on it. I
have downloaded the distribution from Ximian for Solaris, but I am not sure
what to install it on. By this I mean if I should install the Solaris 8 core
files or the full distribition.

I obtained Gnome 1.4 from the Sun site for Solaris, but when trying to
install it I ran out of disk space while unzipping it to the to hard disk.

Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated and would help me
on the road immeasurably. I feel like I am flailing in the dark at the
moment.

Thanks in advance...

Ben

---

b e n @ j a v a c o d e r . n e t   -  w w w . j a v a c o d e r . n e t

"The reader is entertained by the journey of another, but the writer is the
changer of worlds"
- D'Ni proverb