Pilot Connection problems

I am having problems getting my Palm Vx to sync with my system. I am running Red Hat 7.2 and have sinced upgrade Gnome Address Card to 1.4.0, though the tar file had 1.4.3 as part of its name. I also installed gnome-pilot applet 0.1.62, and gnome-pilot-conduits-0.7. Both Pilot Link and Pilot Conduits show up in the Control Center. Also on initial setup the app is able to communicate with my Palm to get my user name from it, as well as the CPU ID, and I have setup the conduits. When ever I try to sync "gnome-pilot progress" window pops up, and that is it, it just does nothing. My Pilot reports that it has lost connection between the pilot and the computer, nothing has physically changed do to me. However if I pause the daemon from the gnome-pilot applet, and bring up jsync, it communicates perfectly with my Palm Pilot.
Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem?

			Thanks
Sean