default file locations

Hello,

I have successfully installed GNOME-1.4 from source on my LFS GNU/Linux
system.  After the install I noticed that GNOME had populated the
/usr/etc directory with configuration files.  I know this is because I
built with "./configure --prefix=/usr".  My question is should I
therefore build with "./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc" or
"--sysconfdir=/etc/gnome" or just leave GNOME to use the /usr/etc
directory?

My next question, again relating to file location, is that I have noted
that gdm-2.2.0 has created a gdm user/group only read-write directory in
/usr/var/gdm, for the same reason as above.  Should I therefore build
gdm with "--localstatedir=/var/lock or run or tmp" or just
"--localstatedir=/var" as listed in the gdm.spec file although /var/gdm
is not completely LSB compliant?

A similar case also applies to scrollkeeper-0.2, with it creating a
/usr/var/scrollkeeper directory.  Should scrollkeeper therefore be built
with "--localstatedir=/var/tmp"?

I am looking forward to the GNOME-1.4.1 release :)

Cheers

Pierre

--
Pierre Scotney