Re: Floppy disk access in Gnome - followup.

Hi George,
I am afraid being a newbie, I don't have a solution to your problem.
However, I aggree completely with you and would go further: If we want linux, gnome, kde etc... to
reach more than a marginal number of users, someway to bring the file management closer to the
windows approach might be needed in spite of the fact that it is not the **right** way to do it.
The **right way** requires some (if not that much) technical savvy.
Just an example: I installed RH 7.2 beta yesterday on a PC and it would not boot from the HD but
did from the diskette finding out about the various partitions without going back to the
installation CD was a problem for a beginner like me. Luckily I had already done a similar install
on another machine (which had not given that problem) and could figure out more or less what to do
(in that case removing the number behind hda and letting lilo find out where the boot segment
was...) Being able to see the drives and partitions without having to dive into the documentation
would have help.
Another gripe I have is the structure of the documentation: one more or less has to know the
source of the problem before being able to get any information on how to solve it. However,
finding out that source IS the difficult part...
Lionel