Re: PAN (how to set up and use)?

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001 06:59:34 -0400, John J. LeMay Jr. wrote:

>> On 22/10 2001 23:28 Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
>> > In Gnome, I click on applications, internet, PAN and get a cryptic thing
>> > about notes.  I
>> > am told that PAN is a news reader.  Where can I obtain information as to
>> > how to set it
>> > up, establish newsgroups to be searched for notes, etc.?

>Could you explain what you see
>when you select Pan from your menu in a bit more detail? The first time you run
>Pan you should be prompted to setup the application.

I'm not prompted to set up PAN.  When I click on PAN after clicking Applications
->Internet, I get only a small square box in which there are some places to click for
current or future notes and one spot labelled "action".  I clicked on that spot and the
square disappeared.  When I opened up the properties window, I got the properties
window of a terminal.

What do I do to get the set-up window?

Dennis J. Tuchler
Professor of Law