Problem compiling Nautilus. Help!

Title: Problem compiling Nautilus. Help!

I'm trying to compile Nautilus on a RH 7.1 x86 system but it stops every time with the error, "GNOME 1.2.8 or better is required." I do have gnome 1.2.8 installed and it works fine with all of the other applications. Also note that another message is generated that I have never seen before, "integer _expression_ expected". Just to make sure I wasn't going crazy I did a manual version check:

[user dauntless nautilus-1.0.4]# /usr/local/bin/gtk-config --version
1.2.10

[user dauntless nautilus-1.0.4]# /usr/local/bin/gnome-config --version
gnome-libs 1.4.1.2

Ok... something is weird here... It looks like "gnome-config" gives the Nautilus config script more information than it wants. Does anyone know a way around this? I'm stuck.

Thanks,
 /*Raj*/

[Error information below]

checking for glib-config... /usr/local/bin/glib-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.9... yes
checking for gtk-config... /usr/local/bin/gtk-config
checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.9... yes
checking for gnome-config... /usr/local/bin/gnome-config
checking for GNOME - version >= 1.2.8... ./configure: test: 1.2: integer _expression_ expected
yes
checking for additional GNOME modules...  vfs xml*** bonobo library is not installed
configure: error: *** GNOME 1.2.8 or better is required.

the system manager.

Antigen for the presence of computer viruses.