Re: setting start dir. for applications (again...)

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 06:51:24PM +0200, Florian Berger wrote:

> Hello everyone,

		hiya.

> When opening a file in a Gnome - application (as gedit, gnome-terminal,
> gimp, gnumeric...), the file requester always starts in
> "/home/username/.gnome" instead of "/home/username". I tried to figure
> out which config - file holds the 'start directory' or something like
> this, but did not succeed. HOME, PWD and OLDPWD are all set to
> "/home/username", but it has no effect.

This only happens to me when I start the actual gnome-session standing in
another dir; e.g.:

I stand in /usr  and start my session from there, all terminals and other
applications reorienting (not memorizing where last use was) start from
/usr ...

So maybe your startup-scripts walk to ~/.gnome before starting up gnome ?

		Just  an idea.

		  greets, drifter
--
drifter outerlounge de
  Not one hundred percent efficient, of course ... but nothing ever is.