Re: Gnome 1.4 characters display as rectangles

Hi,

Thanks to those who replied to my question about fonts. I was using
Xfree86 v4.1 and the xfs supplied with same. I found that if I started
gnome as a different user (root) gnome fonts appeared fine. A little
poking about in the control-centre revealed that I had asked for a
Unicode font. Change it back to iso8859 and problem solved. (Of course,
not being able to read the menus meant a few goes were needed.)

Rob