Re: gdm startup problems on FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE

On Wednesday, October 03, 2001 13:58:15 -0700, Chandra Mukhyala <chandra netapp com> wrote:
+-----
| gdm_auth_secure_display: error getting hentry for <my hostname>"
+--->8

Your hostname, or what gdm thinks is your hostname, doesn't resolve. Check /etc/hosts and/or your nameserver configuration.

(It can also mean that the hostname changed on it and it doesn't know what to do with the display's xauth entry any more, but I doubt that many people do the kind of evil things that lead to that situation....)

--
brandon s. allbery  [os/2][linux][solaris][freebsd]   allbery kf8nh apk net
system administrator   [JAPH][WAY too many hats]        allbery ece cmu edu