Req for help with Nautilus 'thingy' files

<grovely-tone>Hi Mighty Gnomers</grovelytone>

Now that I've double my ram, I'm moving beyond GMC and nautilus while
unresponsive is a beautiful thing. I'm enjoying the paintnig my desktop
option, and notice that if I view the contents (in the old fashion #>vi
myusername\ Home kinda way) of my home 'folder' it looks something like:

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=Legacy-Mixed
Name=glenn's Home
Type=X-nautilus-home
X-Nautilus-Icon=temp-home
URL=file:///home/glenn

Is there somewhere that outlines what these files are called, the format
of one these files and what the other assorted tricky words I can use in
there are?

Thanks,
Glenn