Re: Sounds mixer needs to start...

You could use mixer tool like cam, and do something like this on boot:

        cam -v 100,100

Iain wrote:
On Thu, 2001-11-22 at 18:46, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:
Hi, when I start gnome the volume (and other settings) are almost set to
mute, so I start the sound mixer which then sets the mixer volume to
what I had last set and I can then quit the mixer and sounds work.

I don't actually edit the settings, just start it. Is there a better
way than this?

If you're using alsa then the sound channels are muted by default and
you need to turn them on. You can either do it by running gmix, or by
adding lines like
/usr/bin/amixer -q set Master on
/usr/bin/amixer -q set PCM on
/usr/bin/amixer -q set MIC on