Almost, but not quite, entirely unlike building gtkhtml!

Okay,
	first of all, thanks for the pointers Ian and Raj, the previous
issue was indeed that I needed to install the control-center (devel)
package. However, now it complains when attempting to install that it
cannot find some things. The error messages are:

File not found by glob:
/var/tmp/gtkhtml-0.16.1-build/opt/gnome/lib/bonobo/plugin/*.*so

and

Processing files: gtkhtml-devel-0.16.1-1
File not found by glob:
/var/tmp/gtkhtml-0.16.1-build/opt/gnome/lib/bonobo/plugin/*.*a*

It is true, there is no /var/tmp/gtkhtml-0.16.1-build/opt/gnome/lib/bonobo
directory. I did build and install bonobo-0.17 and the devel package. This
seems to happen no matter what arguments I give to configure - even
"--without-bonobo and --disable-bonobo". I can provide the kludged up
.spec file if anyone would care to look it over. Basically, I used the
SuSE .spec file from the previous gtkhtml install and modified it for the
new version. This is only about the third rpm I have ever tried to build;
so, it's quite ugly. I know that this rpm will build with incomplete
support since I don't include gtk-doc and gconf, but I just want to get an
installed version of evolution0.99.2 on my SuSE 7.3 boxes and then I plan
to go back and redo the rpm's to include gtk-doc and whatever else may
have been omitted to get them to build. What are the ramifications of
building gtkhtml without bonobo? Thanks yet again for all clues.

geoffrey
--
Santa Claus,