Re: Gnome speed

On 17 Nov 2001, George Farris wrote:

> But this doesn't make sense.  Wasn't the report that a stock RH7.2 ran
> faster than RH7.2 and Ximian?  If so what does the kernel have to do
> with it?

Here's another idea: I think the man wrote that he had reformated his
harddisk and reinstalled.  Hard disks are not equally fast everywhere -
maybe the new installation put the important files + swap on the outer
cylinders whereas the old one didn't?  (not unlikely if there originally
were several operating systems installed or there were some relics of a
Windows install)

-Peter

"The most merciful quality of the human mind is its inability to correlate its contents" --HPL