Re: Where is "the Cursor one word left/right keybinding?"


I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about.  But try using:
[CTRL]+[->] and [CTRL]+[<-] -- control-right-arrow and
control-left-arrow.  They make you move one word at a time.  And
if you want to highlight too, then hold down the [SHIFT] keys, also.

See ya

     Charles Iliya Krempeaux
     tnt @
     ckrempea @

On Fri, 2001-11-09 at 09:58, Jay Christnach wrote:
> I miss that one especially. I find particularly annoying to have to wait 
> until the cursor reaches the beginning or end of a word in the middle of 
> a line by holding down the key.
> I don't know if this is the right place to ask, it's probably 
> application dependent and not a Gnome issue. (I know that such a 
> shortcut exists in emacs, but can't recall it). But I read the 
> discussion about a keybinding standard for Gnome in teh GUI list and 
> think that there really should exist a standard.I'm more used to Windows 
> but decided to do most things in Linux from now on. In Windows the 
> C-Cursor key moves by words in every editable textbox in every programm.
> It would be also a good idea to have a table of keybindings in the Gnome 
> Help for not so Unix-aware people.
> Anyway, I want to know this one now. Thanks for help.
> _______________________________________________
> gnome-list mailing list
> gnome-list gnome org

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]