Re: Can't create Symbols on GNOME-Desktop

On Wed, 2001-11-07 at 08:43, maxxle wrote:
> HI! I've tried LM 8.1 and RH 7.1 on my machine.
>
> Both times I have the problem that i can't create Symbols on the
> Gnome-Desktop.
> There are only 3 Standard-Symbols made by nautilus on my Desktop.
>
> Is there a tool needed for creating my own Symbols?
>
> Must I deactivate the nautilus-option "Use Nautilus to draw Desktop"?

By "Symbols" I assume you mean program launcher icons.

Simply drag a panel menu entry onto the desktop to create a new
launcher. I believe that there is still no way to directly create them
with nautilus, but you can always right click on the panel and click on
Panel->Add to panel->add launcher. Then drag the resulting icon onto the
desktop.

--Ben