Re: How to disable some screensavers

On Wed, 2001-11-07 at 12:53, Søren Neigaard wrote:
> On Wed, 2001-11-07 at 12:42, Håvard Wigtil wrote:
> > On Wed, 2001-11-07 at 12:29, Søren Neigaard wrote:
> > > How do I disable some of the screensavers in Gnome, and leve the ones
> > > that I like?
> >
> > Get the beta (1.5.8) Control Center from Ximian or from
> > ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/unstable/sources/control-center
>
> What are the dangers? If it goes wrong, can I then easily restore my old
> version?

No dangers that I know of, but I only use it at home on a fairly stable
setup. But there must be reasons for it to still be beta.

If you have the packages for your old control center restoring should be
easy.

> Isn't there another way, maybe by editing a configuration file?

I think it's possible to have a personalized setup in an .xscreensaver
file in $HOME or something like that, but I've never tried it.

--
    Håvard

havardw stud ntnu no||http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~havardw||+47 93 84 64 68
All it takes to start an avalanche is one snowflake||Or a snowboarder
     Oh! Un Fraggle! Regarde, maman! J'ai attrapé un Fraggle!