FW: memory usage

Whoops , forgot to reply all...

-----Original Message-----
From: Johnson, Tony -Research
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2001 2:24 PM
To: 'Henry Katz'
Subject: RE: memory usage

Well I was running top.  I have run prstat but gives similar information.  Big cpu hitters is mozilla at .8%, citrix x server at .3% and gnome terminal at .2%  (I think the gnome terminal shoots up when I run prstat or top so that not a real indicator.)  My machine is sun fire 280r with dual ultra sparc III 750's 1 gig ram.  Will prolly expand that to 2 but I am concerned about the heavy ram utilization currently, such as the 10M gnome-terminal...

Just for experimentation sake I undid all my /etc/system shared memory, semephore, msgsys tweaks and it is a little better.  It takes a performance hit by turning those off but I needed to try.

I have a default profile with stull like nautilus and screensavers disabled that gets activated when I add users.