RE: GNOME Window Manager

  Dear Sean & list,

  I agree completely;
  The most confusing thing in GNOME, for me, at least, is the Window
Manager/Desktop split.

  Ever tried to explain this to your mom?
  "Well, the window display system is really quite different than the rest
of the desktop display..."
  My mom looks at me, thinking, "Maybe Microsoft isn't such a bad idea..."

  My uninformed opinion on how to fix things: Rework the "Gnome Complient
Window Manager" specs so that there is a very tight coupling between window
manager and GNOME.

  People are *really* emotionally attached to their Window Manager, so we
need to make sure that GNOME works just fine without a gnome-compliant
window manager tethered to it.

  But by default, GNOME should have a window manager that is, for all
practical purposes, __invisible__. You never know that it's there; it is
just a seamless part of the GNOME system.

  Take care,
    Lion =^_^=