From: Jens Finke [mailto:jens eknif de]
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 4:03 PM
To: Raj Wurttemberg
Cc: gnome-list gnome org
Subject: RE: gnome and db problems

On Tue, 15 May 2001, Raj Wurttemberg wrote:
> Continuing on with this problem... I was able to compile the gnome-libs
with
> the --enable-prefer-db1 switch on my RedHat 7.1 based system, but I would
> like to make an RPM out of it with the "rpm -tb <tarballname>" command. Is
> there any way I can get RPM to do the compile with the
"--enable-prefer-db1"
> option??

I think you must edit the spec file within the tarball. There are
somewhere the following lines:

if [ ! -f configure ]; then
   CFLAGS="$MYCFLAGS" ./autogen.sh
$MYARCH_FLAGS --prefix=%prefix --localstatedir=/var/lib --sysconfdir=%{sysco
nfdir}
else
   CFLAGS="$MYCFLAGS" ./configure
MYARCH_FLAGS --prefix=%prefix  --localstatedir=/var/lib --sysconfdir=%{sysco
nfdir}
fi

Just append --enable-prefer-db1 to the ./configure line. After this you
can type 'make dist' in the top source directory and a new tarball with
the new spec file will be created. Hope this helps.

  Jens